Wiggle & Grow
Age Range: 18 mos to 3 1/2 years
Class Structure: Once a week for 10 weeks
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Tuition: $210 for 10 weeks (includes home materials)
This music-filled class celebrates the unique joys of your growing child. Each week your child will love singing, dancing, and playing instruments with you and her new friends and you’ll love helping her practice a wide variety of abilities such as gross and fine motor skills, turn-taking, social skills, and active listening. In class, we’ll also share tips and ideas for using music throughout the week. Plus, the fun (and learning!) continue with the Kindermusik Home Materials, including music from class, a musical instrument, and a story book.
What you and your child will experience in class
- Variety of Music -Musical diversity promotes creativity and acceptance, and builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind. In class you will listen, sing and move to songs, rhymes and sounds from all around the world.
- Instrument Play – Exploration promotes intrigue and independence. In Village classes, children play with age appropriate, child-safe instruments that deepen their natural sense of rhythm. This helps develop a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sounds, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance – A classroom full of babies and parents (or care givers) dancing together with their child, helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together Time – A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering the parent a place to create special memories with their child, gain new insights into their child’s development and nurture their child’s natural love of music.
- Story Time and Early Literacy – Listening to stories enhances language and speech development, fosters awareness of sounds, stimulates fantasy and imagination, and encourages a child’s natural love of stories.
Beach Days—1.5 years to 3.5 years old
Beach Days: Grab your beach ball, we’re going to the beach! Crabs are scuttling, toes are wiggling, waves are crashing , and the sun is shining. We’ll enjoy favorite songs and dances, do an Octopus Hula, jump on a banana boat, and then snuggle up and happily relax to gentle beach sounds and songs. Beach Days is as fun and restorative as…well, a trip to the beach!
Home Materials: Shell Handle Castanets, Home CD, and book-style Family Guide (includes the class story 1,2,3 Octopus & Me).
Pet Parade—1.5 years to 3.5 years old
Pet Parade: Gather your critters; it’s time for some fun! We will use our bodies and imaginations to gallop like horses, scamper like mice, “swim” our hands, and fly scarves like birds—all the while developing motor skills, vocabulary, imagination, and more. Woof, meow, neigh, squeak, or blub-blub-blub… Everyone is welcome in this fun, adorable, and lovably ridiculous Pet Parade!
Home Materials: Elephant Shaker, Home CD, and book-style Family Guide (includes the class story Animals on Parade).