Age Range: 18 mos to 3 1/2 years
Class Structure: Once a week for 16 weeks
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Tuition: $320 for 16 weeks (includes home materials)
For the toddler, every day brings new discoveries and opportunities to explore the world. Despite a display of independence, the 1.5 to 3 year old child still longs for the safety and security of parental closeness. During this time, toddlers still relishes the comfort of the familiar while also seeking the challenge of something new.
Kindermusik Our Time encourages children to be creative, to initiate their own ideas and to respond in their own ways, while the parents’ active participation gives the toddlers the security they need. Playing instruments, singing, moving, and exploring uncover an engaging musical world while building the toddlers’ confidence, self-control, and communications skills.
What a Parent and Child Will Experience in Class:
- Instrument exploration and ensemble skill development — Children will explore the physical characteristics and sounds of age-appropriate instruments which will eventually lead them to discover their potential for beat, rhythm, melody, and ensemble playing.
- Vocal play — Through vocal play, toddlers learn to form vowels and consonants, say words and phrases, and imitate rhythm and vocal inflection. In Kindermusik Our Time, vocal play is presented within the context of songs, chants, and activities done in class.
- Exploration Time — Children will love discovering specially designed instruments, textures, sounds, and movements.
- Story time and early literacy — Listening to stories enhances language and speech development and fosters awareness of sounds, teaches use of language, and sends the message that words and symbols have meaning. The same experiences that help toddlers learn to read a book also help them learn to read music.
- Movement Activities — Each class provides various opportunities for movement such as synchronized movement, group dances and circle games, and even expressive movement.
- Together Time — Kindermusik is the essence of quality time, allowing parents to make the most of the fleeting toddler years, giving them the time and the tools to make music and memories together in class and at home.
- Expert advice — A Kindermusik educator explains how the musically based activities enhance a toddler’s complete development.
Milk & Cookies
Make everyday home activities and chores easier and more fun with music! Cook and sing to “The Muffin Man”; dust and clean to the original song “In My House”; get ready to wash clothes to the delightful poem “Washing Machine”. Baking cookies, eating cupcakes, blowing on hot cross buns, wiggling like jelly, going grocery shopping and making tea are all represented in familiar as well as new songs. Move, play, and sing together in developmentally appropriate activities created just for 1 ½ to 3-year-olds. Capture the familiar and new moments of the day and learn how music can impact your toddler.
Home Materials: Double CD featuring songs from class; two books—At My House and Milk & Cookies; a stir xylophone instrument; and a Home Activity Book; all arriving in a durable, insulated child’s lunch/carry bag.
Registration coming soon
Away We Go!
Hop on the train, get in the car, board the plane, and Away We Go! This class focuses on transportation, a favorite topic for toddlers who are on the go, go, go! Sing and play along with favorite songs, such as “I’ve Been Workin’ on the Railroad” and “Wheels on the Bus”. Explore fast and slow, smooth and bumpy, and high and low. Read stories about ways to get around. Shiny Dinah tells the story of a train, and Giddy-Up! has a horse, speedboat, racecar, and more to help you get where you want to go.
Home Materials: Double CD featuring songs from class; two interactive story books—Shiny Dinah and Giddy-Up! to develop early literacy skills; Home Activity Book, and two harmonicas (one for baby and one for parent), all conveniently packaged in the child’s train carry box.
Wiggles & Giggles
The more than 30 songs, 15 dances, and 8 different instruments create these unique music activities, designed to reflect the importance of movement in the life of a toddler.
Home Materials: Double CD featuring 50 songs, sounds, and recordings of favorite activities from class; two music and movement books—Watch Me! and Pete and P.J. (to develop early literacy skills); Home Activity Book; and a pair of zig zag blocks (instrument to develop rhythm and hand-eye coordination), all conveniently stored in a Wiggles & Giggles carry bag.