Age Range: Newborn to 18 months
Class Structure: Once a week for 8 weeks
Class Length: 45 minute class each week
Tuition: $160.00 for 8 weeks (includes home materials)
Village classes provide a delightful environment unlike any other. Through a unique blend of multi-sensory activities that include creative movement, vocal play, object and instrument exploration as well as colorful literature, your baby’s growth and development are stimulated and all senses are engaged. Kindermusik Village is for lap-babies, crawlers and walkers. It incorporates the most current research on early childhood development and provides families a special place for learning and connecting with other parents and babies through music and movement.
What you and your child will experience in class:
- Variety of Music -Musical diversity promotes creativity and acceptance, and builds strong neural networks in a baby’s forming mind. In class you will listen, sing and move to songs, rhymes and sounds from all around the world.
- Instrument Play – Exploration promotes intrigue and independence. In Village classes, children play with age appropriate, child-safe instruments that deepen their natural sense of rhythm. This helps develop a keen awareness of the distinguishing qualities of sounds, and encourages spontaneity and creativity.
- Dance – A classroom full of babies and parents (or care givers) dancing together with their child, helps a little body develop the muscle strength needed to crawl and walk and helps a little heart to fall in love with the sheer joy of responding to music.
- Together Time – A Kindermusik class is truly the essence of “quality time,” offering the parent a place to create special memories with their child, gain new insights into their child’s development and nurture their child’s natural love of music.
- Story Time and Early Literacy – Listening to stories enhances language and speech development, fosters awareness of sounds, stimulates fantasy and imagination, and encourages a child’s natural love of stories.
The musical poems of Woody Guthrie, bird songs, and the naturally occurring sounds in nature help babies develop an early appreciation—and accelerated aptitude—for language, movement, and music in this class.
Home Materials: CD with over 25 specially-selected recordings from class, Kindermusik chimeball, a colorful picture book of birds—Feathers, and a set of Art Banners for the nursery wall that strengthens vision and promotes early literacy.
Pick up your baby and dance. Dance the Charleston, the Tango, and the Cha-Cha and learn why dancing with your baby helps develop vital learning skills—from head-to-toe. In this class, play a variety of baby appropriate instruments, a dance with fun props.
Home Materials: CD with 28 songs from class, an instrument (the Kindermusik eggshaker), a scarf, This Is My Dance picture/board book with lilting move-to-it rhyming text, and a set of Art Banners for the nursery wall that strengthens vision and promotes early literacy.